Our historic church and cemetery are located at the North West corner of Kingston Road and Woodbine Avenue in the lovely Beaches neighbourhood of Toronto. We are a parish within the Anglican Diocese of Toronto which is part of the world-wide Anglican Communion.
New to St John’s? Please click here.
History & Architecture
In 1853 the parish of St John was established in the old community of Norway. The plaque in the photo below describes some of the history of our parish and architecture of our building.
Our church building contains some of Toronto’s finest McCausland stained-glass windows. The window shown below is above the altar.
The St. John’s eight-bell carillon was installed in 1926 and is still played regularly. The bells were cast by Gillette & Johnston, Croydon, England, and the largest bell is inscribed with the words “To the Glory of God this gift of eight bells is the gift of Catherine Stuart Morrison 1925.”