Signs of Life
Why Church Matters
Light • Water • Food • Shelter • Community
This year, instead of giving up something for Lent, we invite you to take something on: join Benjamin and the Brothers of SSJE in exploring the signs and symbols at the heart of Christian discipleship and worship.
This 5-week Lenten study program encourages us to explore the riches of our worship traditions, liturgy and spiritual practices, in order to deepen our experience of Christian discipleship and worship. We’ll also be exploring how these Signs of Life are present with us even now in the context of COVID while we’re unable to gather in-person for worship.
We will be gathering on Tuesday evenings at 7:00 pm on Zoom and will aim to wrap up by 8:00.
How to join:
- Between 6:55 and 7:00 on Tuesday evening, please join us either on ZOOM on your computer (or on an app), or by dialing in on your phone.
- To join on a computer, please click this ZOOM link.
- Or, to join on the phone:
- Dial 647-374-4685
- When prompted to enter the Meeting ID, dial: 831 3792 1818
The Zoom link and dial-in information is the same as for Sunday morning worship.
Each time we gather, we will be focusing on a particular theme:
- Tuesday, February 23 – LIGHT
- Tuesday, March 2 – WATER
- Tuesday, March 9 – FOOD
- Tuesday, March 16 – SHELTER
- Tuesday, March 23 – COMMUNITY
This programme has been designed and produced by the Society of Saint John the Evangelist, a religious order in the Episcopal Church, and by Lifelong Learning at Virginia Theological Seminary in Alexandria, Virginia.