Services may be cancelled, but church is not cancelled.
Faith is not cancelled.
“For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:38-39)
Although we cannot gather publicly for worship at this time, there are many ways we can still worship and practice our faith, including through technology.
From St. John the Baptist, Norway
(a) Dial-In Service of Morning Prayer
We will be offering a dial-in service of Morning Prayer, beginning at 10:30 am. Instructions for following along:
- You can download the text of the Order of Service and follow along (this link will be refreshed each Sunday)
- Between 10:25 and 10:30 am on Sunday morning, please dial: 416-933-3854.
- When prompted, enter the following Conference ID Number followed by the # sign: 9903106# (don’t forget the # sign!).
- You’ll then be part of a conference line and will be able to hear and be heard by others on the line.
- Please try to limit excessive background noise or conversation. If you need to mute the receiver on your phone, press *6 (to unmute, press *7). This will allow you to hear the service without being heard by others.
- Scripture readings will be taken from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) of the Bible and are listed in the Order of Service.
If you have any questions, you can email Benjamin or reach him by phone at 647-608-5608.
(b) Pre-Recorded Service of Morning Prayer
We will also be posting a pre-recorded service of Morning Prayer which will follow the same order of service and include the same homily as the dial-in service at 10:30.
- March 29, 2020 – Lent V – Audio Order of Service Homily
- March 22, 2020 – Lent IV – Audio Order of Service Homily
From St. James Cathedral
St. James Cathedral will be live-streaming a service of morning prayer on the Diocese’s Facebook Page, beginning at 11:00 am.
Other Online Worship Services
Daily Morning Prayer (live-streamed from St. James Cathedral):
- Monday through Saturday at 8:00 am (said)
- Sunday mornings at 11:00 am (with recorded music)
These services will be live-streamed on the Diocese’s Facebook Page and can be watched anytime after they are posted.
Sunday Evening Prayer (from the Church of the Redeemer):
- Pre-recorded services of evening prayer posted to the Church of the Redeemer’s Facebook Page (found in the “Videos” section).
Online Personal Devotions & Prayer Liturgies
The Brothers of the Society of St. John the Evangelist (SSJE):
Subscribe to a variety of daily and weekly email devotions from the Brothers of the Society of St. John the Evangelist, a monastic community living in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The most popular daily devotion is “Brother, give us a word,” which can be viewed online if you would prefer not to subscribe by email.
As a parish, we were participating in the Signs of Life programme organized by the Brothers of SSJE. These materials can be a found online where you can subscribe to a daily reflection (scroll to the bottom of the page to enter your email and subscribe).
The Way of Love: Practices for Jesus-Centred Life
This online programme is organized by the Episcopal Church of the United States and is led by Archbishop Michael Curry. It lays out a set of practices (a “Rule of Life”) that help us follow in the way of Christ: Turn – Learn – Pray – Worship – Bless – Go – Rest.
Online Daily Prayers (Church of England):
These online daily prayer liturgies for morning, evening, and night may be said alone or as a group. All that you need to participate (including the readings, psalms, canticles, and prayers) are included. Scroll down near the bottom of the page to select the liturgy appropriate to the time of day. Under “More Options”, you can select either contemporary language or the traditional language of the Book of Common Prayer. Be sure that the correct date is listed.
Daily Prayer app (for iPhone or Android)